Child Care Assistance
Is the lack of child care holding you back or making it difficult to attend school? We may be able to help.
CCAMPIS (Child Care Access Means Parents in School Program) is a federally funded program that allows SCC to support student-parents in starting and completing their postsecondary education by providing child care subsidies to qualified students.
SCC has contracted with four off-campus child care providers to provide child care slots for eligible participants, all in the Somerset area. The facilities include: Kid’s Kastle II Child Development Center, P.J.’s Primary Care Centers 1 and 2, and The Children’s House. Child care will be provided during the 16-week fall and spring semesters. Additional information about service times and availability will be provided during an interview with selected participants.
While involved in CCAMPIS, students must:
- Participate in at least a minimum of parental involvement activities (volunteer at least 1 hour per week at your child’s care center, accompanying child to campus family events, and/or attending parenting workshops arranged but the program coordinator)
- Meet with an advisor each semester to schedule appropriate courses
- Remain in good academic standing
- Maintain at least a half-time course load (6 credit hours)
- Complete a FAFSA for the following year in a timely manner
- Seek scholarship funds
- Seek assistance from the program coordinator to quickly resolve issues with financial aid, course work, or personal issues
- Notify the program coordinator of any significant changes that would disqualify the student from participation in the project
Child Care Facility Information
“Every member of our team has a passion for children and will treat every kid like the individual they are, as well as work hard to treat each child as we would treat our own. At our child care center, we work on developing important skills with your children that will be necessary for a successful future. Not only do we keep constant watch on your child for their safety, we also take the time to get to know each child we work with and understand their personalities and their likes and dislikes.” - Kids Kastle Child Care Director
420 Monticello St.
Somerset, KY 42501
“P.J.s takes great pride in making sure that your child is well taken care of while you are out taking care of the things you need to take care of. Our well trained staff have years of experience in child care, and are perfectly suited to care for each child’s specific needs.” - P.J.'s Child Care Director
327 Clifty St.
Somerset, KY 42501
“Our philosophy is to acknowledge the social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth of each individual child, through first hand experiences such as building with blocks, reading books, climbing, running, jumping, working puzzles, listening to music, painting, and sorting different items both man made and from the natural world.” - The Children's House Child Care Director
309 Park Ave.
Somerset, KY 42503
Katie Wash, CCAMPIS Program Coordinator
Harold Rogers Student Commons - Room 208