Somerset Community College Student Ambassadors represent and promote the college at campus and community events, assist with recruiting efforts, campus tours and provide information about SCC to prospective students, school groups and the general public.
- 6 credit hours earned at SCC with a 3.00 GPA
- Currently enrolled at SCC as a full time or part time student
- A genuine interest in assisting others
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Good work ethic
- Educate prospective students, school groups and the general public on the programs, resources
- Represent SCC in a responsible, ethical and professional manner.
- Project a positive image of the college
- Conduct tours for individuals and groups
- Represent SCC at campus and community events
- Share first-hand information about your college experience and provide accurate and useful information to new students to assist them in transitioning into college
- Encourage fellow students to complete their educational goals
- Work 40 hours each semester
- Students will be required to work 40 hours per semester and as compensation will receive a scholarship equivalent to 6 hours for each semester. Ambassador scholarships are funded by the W.O. and Lois Newell Endowed Scholarship Fund.
- Will receive training in areas such as professional etiquette, leadership, knowledge of SCC, communication skills and customer service
- Through their role as an Ambassador students will have the opportunity to network with leaders in the community and make wonderful contacts.
- Will be provided a uniform.
- A great resume builder!
The college is currently accepting applications for ambassadors for each academic year. The deadline is April 15. Any SCC student interested in applying should complete the online application and submit it to SCC Student Ambassador Coordinator Melissa Winstead. (This application may be submitted electronically by clicking the "submit" button at the end of the form.)
Students will receive a confirmation that their application has been received. If you have not received a confirmation please contact Melissa Winstead. She can be e-mailed at email@example.com or call her at 606-451-6657. Her office is located in Room 210 in the Harold Rogers Student Commons.
"Serving as a Student Ambassador is one of the most engaging and fulfilling experiences of my life. When I started the program the college was nothing more than a place of learning, but through working as a Student Ambassador the college became a buzzing network of friends, coworkers and connections. Not only does this program offer you priceless experiences, it also helps you grow and harness your interpersonal skills and self-confidence. Without a doubt this program is sure to be something I will cherish for the rest of my life."
"The Student Ambassador Program has been monumental in enhancing the student experience for me at Somerset Community College. Being a part of the program has opened up opportunities and interactions that I otherwise would not have had. As a Student Ambassador I have been able to connect with my fellow students, staff, and my community in a more personal way that has made me feel that I'm a part of something bigger. I am truly honored to serve our campus and community in this way."
"During my time as a Student Ambassador at SCC, I was blessed to meet a lot of great people. The experience enriched me in many ways. I am grateful for how the Student Ambassador program enhanced my soft skills, leadership, and public speaking abilities. At the end of my time in the program, I actually gave a speech on the Student Ambassador program during an SCC Open House! While the SCC Student Ambassador scholarship was a huge benefit to me, I am forever blessed by the relationships I made and all I learned during the two years I served."