YOU CAN BE IN TWO PLACES AT ONCE
Want to take a class or two at SCC while you’re enrolled at another college? Here’s how to apply for admission.
We welcome visiting students from other colleges who want to round out their studies with classes at SCC. If you’re not currently enrolled in another school, apply as a first-time freshman or transfer student.
How to Apply
It’s easy to apply to SCC as a visiting student, and we’re here to help. Just follow these four steps:
- Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Submit a Letter of Good Standing or unofficial transcript from your home college. This helps us determine which classes
you should take at SCC. The registrar’s office at your current college will assist
- Explore financial aid. Visiting students are eligible for Financial Aid by completing a Consortium Agreement. Please contact the financial aid office at your home college to complete the request.
If you have attended Somerset Community College in the past 2 years:
Step 1. Setup your Student Self Service Account
Step 2. Enroll in classes
NOTE: If you have followed these steps and are unable to enroll yourself in classes due to pre-requisites or other issues, please send an email to SCC_CARE@kctcs.edu for the fastest assistance. Be sure to include the following information in your email:
- Your full name
- Your 9-digit ID number
- The courses you want to enroll. Include as much information about the course such as instructor, dates of class and/or course number
- By providing this information, you are providing us with permission to enroll you in the classes you wish to take.
Questions? Give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to welcoming you to SCC!