The mission of the Somerset Community College Honors Program is to encourage academic excellence, campus and community engagement, cultural awareness, and personal growth among highly motivated students in all disciplines. Honors students collaborate with faculty mentors in enhanced learning experiences that foster student success and improve life in their communities.
- $500 scholarship
- Honors designated courses
- Honors designation on transcript for students who successfully complete the program
- Designated honors faculty mentor
- Opportunities for cultural enrichment and civic engagement
- Scholarship to cover a portion of the membership fee for Phi Theta Kappa, the international honor society for community colleges
- Summer orientation experience (Somerset and Laurel campuses)
Applicants will be selected on the basis of GPA, composite ACT scores, essay, and letter of recommendation.
The 2019/2020 SCC Honors Program class is now full and admission is closed. Applications will reopen and be considered for the fall 2020 semester at a later date.
Recommend a student for this program.
For questions, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.