Records Office | SCC

Student Records Office

The Student Records Office mission is to support and advance the College’s mission by proving quality service to students, faculty, staff, the community and to safeguard the integrity of the institution’s records.

  • Academic Bankruptcy Request to remove poor academic work from a student’s record.  To qualify, the student must not have attended college for two years after the poor work and then upon returning complete 12 hours of college-level coursework with a 2.0 GPA. Academic Bankruptcy Policy
  • Enrollment Verification available from National Student Clearinghouse can be accessed by currently enrolled students through PeopleSoft Student Self-Service.  If not currently enrolled students may come in to the Records office to complete.

Have your Faculty Advisor or CARE Advisor help you fill out the drop/add slip and process it. (REMEMBER: Check the important date sheet; during the middle of each semester you must get your instructor to approve your withdrawal. Drops/withdrawals are processed in Student Records (at our Centers) or the Center for Advising, Retention, & Engagement.).

1. Go to the Student Self-Service Login Page.
2. It will bring up a page that says Campus Solutions. Enter your Username and Password and select “Sign In.”
3. Once in PeopleSoft, select “Self Service
4. Then select “Student Center
5. Under Academics select “KCTCS Schedule." This will bring up your schedule, which you can print.

Log into Student Self-Service to change your major OR get a Program Plan Change card from Student Records Office or the Center for Advising, Retention, & Engagement. If your major is changed after the semester starts, it will not take effect until that semester has ended.

Get a Change of Advisor card from the Student Records Office or the Center for Advising, Retention, & Engagement.

Name – Come to the Student Records Office and get a Change of Information form. In order to change your name, you must have legal documentation and a copy of your new driver’s license or social security card.

Address & Telephone – Come to the Student Records Office and get a Change of Information form OR log into Student Self-Service to update your address and phone number(s).

Students who wish to have a transcript of grades sent to another college, organization or for employment have three options for requesting a transcript:

  1. Order a transcript online (see instructions below)
  2. Download and complete the Transcript Request Form or
  3. Pick up a form at your local Student Records Office or at any of our sites.

Ordering a Transcript online

Somerset Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Internet. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.

To order official transcripts:

  1. Login to the Clearinghouse secure site.
  2. The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. A processing fee will be charged per recipient.
  3. Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online.

Good to Know

Transcripts from high school or other colleges will not be duplicated. You must contact that institution directly for transcripts.
Partial transcripts are not issued. Transcripts show all work completed at this institution.
All transcripts given to the student will indicate “ISSUED TO STUDENT” which means some institutions will not accept them. Check with the institution and/or employer first.


Tina Watson
606 451-6636

Somerset Community College celebrates its graduates in a commencement ceremony each May at the Center for Rural Development. If you complete your requirements in either the fall, spring or summer semester/term, you are eligible and encouraged to celebrate your accomplishment by participating in the May commencement ceremony.

Applying for a diploma, degree, or certificate:

You must apply for a diploma, degree, or certificate within the designated timeframe. A Graduation Application is available online. This application must be signed by your advisor and be received in the Student Records Office on or before the posted date. The deadline for a May degree is February 1st; August degree is April 1st; and a December degree is September 1st (or the first Monday of the appropriate month, unless it falls on a holiday which will move the deadline to the next day). These dates are published on the college's academic calendar.

How do I apply for graduation?

Confirm the necessary program requirements have been completed by having your advisor sign your completed program checklist. 
NOTE: Please contact your advisor and review your academic plan with your advisor to make sure program changes have not occurred during your course of study.

Submit your program checklist and graduation application form to the Student Records office before the deadline. 
NOTE: Both of these forms must be signed by your advisor.

You must complete the Student Exit Survey as part of your Graduation Application:

  1. Go to the Exit Survey
    + 2019-2020 Exiting Student Survey
  2. Enter your KCTCS username and password
  3. Fill out the survey 

From the end of the drop/add period through the official midterm date for that course, a student at his or her own discretion may withdraw from the course and receive a “W”.  The student must initiate the withdrawal. 

At the discretion of the instructor a “W” grade may be assigned after the mid-term date, and through the last class day of the semester or session. Instructor approval is required after mid-term. Please read your course syllabus for your instructor’s withdrawal policy. An instructor shall not assign a “W” grade unless the student has officially withdrawn in the manner prescribed by the college.

Online Withdrawal:

  1. Login to your student self-service
  2. Click the Academic Records tile
  3. Click the Withdrawal/Drop Request on the left sidebar and follow the directions to complete your request.
  4. Check your KCTCS email for approval/denial of your request

If you have questions or issues, please contact  Be sure to include your student ID number.

It is advisable to check with Financial Aid for potential consequences of withdrawing.

FERPA-Student Consent to Release Educational/Financial Records information can be completed by students in their Student Self-Service account.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended, is a federal law that protects the privacy and confidentiality of personally identifiable information contained within student education records. Colleges in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System comply with FERPA's confidentiality protections and adhere to procedures dealing with student education records and directory information recommended by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.

In its discretion, a college or KCTCS as appropriate may provide Directory Information in accordance with the provisions of the Act [Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974] to include:

  • student name address
  • email address
  • telephone number
  • date and place of birth
  • major field of study
  • dates of attendance
  • degrees and awards received
  • the most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by the student
  • participation in officially recognized activities and sports

Privacy and Release of Student Records

Students may withhold Directory Information by notifying designated officials at the college in writing within ten (10) calendar days from the first scheduled day of class of the fall term. All written requests for non-disclosure will be honored by the college for one (1) academic year. Requests to withhold Directory Information must be filed annually thereafter. A request for “non-disclosure” is commonly called a “privacy request”.

Learn more about FERPA on the KCTCS website.

Download a Request to Withhold Directory Information form (pdf).

Contact Information

Student Records Office
(855) 66GO-SCC

Somerset Campus

Graduation Applications & Processing
Sandra Bourne
(606) 451-6637

Transcript Evaluation/Questions
Cindy Brown
(606) 451-6634

Transcript Request & Information & Processing
Tina Watson
(606) 451-6636

Waivers/Customer Service
Cindy Brown
(606) 451-6634

Jami Evans
(606) 451-6726 

Laurel Campus

Admissions/Records/Financial Aid
Meghan Hacker
(606) 878-4776 

Hallie Ingle
(606) 878-4748