Remote NLN PAX (Pre-Admission Exam)
Students wanting to take the NLN PAX Pre Admission exam remotely will need to purchase the following exam:
PRE-AX for $68.50
Be sure to choose the exam that includes verbal ability, math, and science sections, NOT the Practice PAX exam or the Examity or Hyflex PAX exams. This exam will be virtually proctored by Proctor 360.
Once finished taking the Remote PAX exam please contact one of the testing center staff below to post your scores, include your name, test date and KCTCS Student ID number:
If you have any questions about your NLN account/exam please contact:
- 1-800-732-8656 option 2, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central Time Zone or
- firstname.lastname@example.org or
How to Create NLN Account
New web address: www.nlntest.org
The NLN Assessment Services Portal moved in September of 2020. If you have tested with us since then, please DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. If you have forgotten your password, go to the login page and click on reset password. If you have forgotten your username, contact NLN support 800-732-8656 Ext #2.
If you have not tested with us since the transition you will need to create a NEW NLN account.
Steps To Create Your New Account
- Log into the National League for Nursing Examination Portal
- Enter Username (we recommend using your email address)
- Enter Email Address
- Choose Your Institution: Somerset Community College - Proctor 360 Remote
- Enter First and Last Name
- Enter Date of Birth
- Enter City, State and Phone Number
- Click on Create New Account
- You will then receive a link via email to the address you provided asking you to reset your password. While you are here please verify your time zone. What is Your Time Zone? This setting can be the difference between making your institutions deadline and not making it.
- Hit Save
If you are having difficulty re-setting your password, please contact NLN Student Services at 800-732-8656 ext. # 2 or email email@example.com.
How to Take NLN Exams with HyFlex Proctorio
Find and Select Your Materials
- Create an NLN Account (steps above)
- Find and Pay for the Exam
- Go to the Buy Exam tab
- Search Catalog will appear on the left-hand side of the screen, clear all fields
- Under the field SKU Contains - enter the SKU PRE-AX
- Click Apply
- Verify the correct exam populated
- Enter the quantity and Add to Cart
- Repeat process if purchasing multiple prep materials or exams
- When all selections are made, click on the red shopping cart in the upper right-hand corner of your screen
- Verify the contents of your cart and click Check Out
- Upon completion, you will receive an email confirmation of the purchase
Proctorio Day of Exam Information
- Candidate must be alone in a well-lit, quiet, private room
- Any doors to the room or closets are to be closed
- The table/desk and surrounding area (including floor) must be clear of any materials
- No phones
- No headphones
- All desk phones are to be disconnected
Your testing device:
- No dual monitors. Additional monitors are to be turned off and turned away from the sight of the candidate.
- Device should be connected to a power source - no hotspots
- Webcam, speakers and microphones must always remain on throughout the exam
Things to know:
- You may not leave your seat during the exam
- No talking except to ask the proctor for technical assistance
- The proctor must see you at all times during the duration of the exam
- You must provide a current, valid, government issued photo ID
Accessing the Exam
- Use the link provided in your email from firstname.lastname@example.org to connect to your proctored session.
- Proceed with the check-in process.
- Log into your NLN Account
- Go to My Assessments
- Click the Launch Icon
- You are allowed:
- Dry Erase Board
- Dry Erase Marker
- Dry Erase Board Eraser
- Complete the exam
- PAX reports take up to 4 hours to process
- All other reports will be available immediately after completion
Pre-Admission Exam (PAX) Results
Pre-Admission (PAX) scores will take up to 4 hours to show up in your results tab.
- Click the My Results tab
- Select NLN Student Reports
- Select Participant Report from the next screen
- Choose a date & time
- Click Run Report
The Composite Score is a statistical calculation for the combined three sections.
The Percent Score is the number of test items answered correctly/total # of test items.
The SEM (Standard error of measurement) is a statistical score that indicates the expected average change in your score if you immediately re-tested.
The Percentile Rank is a comparison of your score to the norm sampling group of students.