Procedure for New Team Request
Division: Leadership Council
SCC Policy Number: SPR1.10-1P
Approved SCC President/CEO: 8/23/2019
Reference KCTCS Policy:
It is the policy of Somerset Community College (SCC) to create teams that perform various and needed functions at SCC. SCC will do this by encouraging faculty and staff to complete the Team Creation form and submit it to their respective council/association (Executive, Faculty, Staff, Management Councils or Student Government) for review. After this review, the Team Creation Form will be submitted to the Leadership Council for review and subsequent approval or denial. The following terms will be defined for the establishment of various types of teams:
- Standing Committee-Recurring team with a specified annual objective, usually dictated by SCC, the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS), or other large agency such as an accrediting body.
- Ad Hoc Workgroup-Temporary team formed to address a specific short-term, non-recurring task.
- Event Committee-Recurring team tasked with planning a specific event that occurs each year.
- Council-Recurring team tasked with the administration of different areas within the college as a part of the shared governance model.
- Team Creation Form: Any employee or student who wishes to form an institution-wide team will complete
the Team Creation form, accessed through SharePoint.
- The individual must provide information including the name of the team, the purpose of the team, the proposed meeting schedule, proposed composition of the team (number of staff, faculty, management, and students, number of individuals from each department/division of the college, etc.), and whether the team shall be standing or temporary. A designee of the Leadership Council will maintain a list containing all teams and information.
- The form will then be submitted to the council/association representing the individual requesting the creation of the team (Executive, Faculty, Staff, Management Councils or Student Government).
- Representing Council: The council to which the form is submitted shall review the request and bring it to the Leadership Council for final approval.
- Leadership Council: The Leadership Council will evaluate the need for the team requested and decide whether to grant or deny the request based on a standard rubric (in development).
- If the team formation is approved, the Workgroups Review Subcommittee within the Leadership Council will add the team to the list of official SCC Councils, Committees, and Workgroups.