Our College at a Glance
Get to know Somerset Community College.
Somerset Community College (SCC) is one of 16 two-year colleges in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS).
Opened in 1965 and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), our goal is to prepare students for successful transfer to Kentucky four-year colleges or for immediate entrance into fulfilling careers.
Somerset Community College awards associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates in more than 40 areas of study, including:
- Criminal Justice
- Business Administration
- Surgical Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Computer and Information Technologies
- Aviation Technology
- And More!
We're proud to offer classes at six locations in Kentucky. Learn more about our campuses and centers.
- Enrollment: 5,905
- Student to teacher ratio: 1 teacher to 25 students
- High school students enrolled in dual-enrollment/dual-credit courses: 1,071
- Students enrolled in distance education courses: 4,177
- Students receiving financial aid: 87%
- Female: 62%
- Male: 38%
(2016/2017 Academic Year)