Phased to FT Retirement - Vacation Payout Policy
Division: Business Services/Human Resources
SCC Policy Number: SP126.96.36.199.3-1
Approved SCC President/CEO: 01/25/2019
Reference KCTCS Policy: 3.5 Fringe Benefits
An SCC employee transitioning from full-time employment to phased retirement is not paid out their terminal vacation at that time. Instead, they will be paid out terminal vacation according to KCTCS policies and procedures appropriate to their personnel and benefits systems upon full retirement. At full retirement, they will be paid the same as if they had fully retired instead of phased retired.
- An employee under KCTCS personnel and benefits systems takes phased retirement effective July 1, 2018.
- As of July 1, 2018, the employee works 18.75 hours and is paid 50% of their pre-phased rate of pay.
- This employee elects not to pursue phased retirement a second year.
- Their full retirement date is July 1, 2019.
- They have 150 hours of annual vacation days in their leave balance.
- Employee is leaving in good standing.
- KCTCS policy states that employees may be paid out a maximum of one year’s worth of vacation.
- SCC pays terminal vacation of 150 hours at employee’s normal hourly rate.