Need to return your rental books?
If you rented a book this semester you can use the link below to access our FREE shipping label. Your Order ID was emailed to you when you placed your order and last week for easy reference. (If you need your order number please email email@example.com, include your full name).
Free Rental Return Link
The deadline to return rental books is the Monday after Finals week.
Download our FREE app for purchasing and tracking orders!
BOOKSTORE FINANCIAL AID
- Financial aid opens in the bookstores 9 days prior to classes starting.
- You will receive a message in your KCTCS email when your financial aid is available in the bookstore. The bookstore cannot ship your order until you receive the email. You may place your order early and the bookstore will place it on hold until your financial aid arrives. There is no need for you to follow up -- the bookstore will check your order daily.
- Your financial aid may be delayed in reaching the bookstore due to grades not being posted from the previous semester, the FAR form not being signed, SAP review, or federal verification. Please contact your financial aid office, if you have not received an email, and have completed all the proper paperwork.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
*Please check the bookstore website for extended hours.
WHERE TO LOCATE AND PURCHASE YOUR TEXTBOOKS ONLINE
Somerset Campus & Somerset Online classes shop here:
Somerset Laurel Campus & Somerset Laurel Online shop here:
KCTCS Online Learn By Term ALL CAMPUSES:
TEXTBOOK BUYING TIPS
- For all Distance Learning classes, no matter which campus you are on, select Shop KCTCS Online Learn By Term.
- Distance Learning textbooks purchased with financial aid will be shipped when your aid becomes available in the bookstore.
- If ordering your textbooks online, be sure to register to receive automatic updates about your order.
- You will receive a confirmation email with tracking number when your order is shipped from the bookstore.
Why Rent my textbooks?
SAVE.SAVE.SAVE. Textbook rentals can save you on average 50% when compared to the cost of buying a new book.
What is Textbook Rentals?
Textbook Rental is simple! Now at your campus bookstore, you can rent the textbooks you need for the semester, then return them at the end of the term.
How to pay for my textbook rental
You can use any form of payment including Financial Aid to pay for your Textbook Rentals. However, you will still need to keep a credit card on file with us in order to rent a book. This card will NOT be charged unless you fail to return the book.
How long is the rental period?
The rental period begins the day you pay for the Textbook Rental and continues until the the last day of Finals, as shown on your receipt. All rented textbooks must be returned to the bookstore, in good condition, by the Rental Return Due Date.
What if I forget when the rental is due?
As a courtesy, we stamp a sticker with the due date on the book and will send a reminder notice to the email address you provided during your rental checkout. However, it is your responsibility to return the book by the due date even if you do not receive this email.
Somerset Campus Bookstore
Stephanie Jones, Manager
Somerset Laurel Campus Bookstore
Stephanie Jones, Manager