Tuition & Costs
Checklist Item: Pay your tuition!
|Tuition Category||Cost Per Credit Hour|
|In-State Students||$174/credit hour|
|Out-of-State Students: From Contiguous Counties*||$348/credit hour|
|Out-of-State Students: Other Out-of-State Students||$609/credit hour|
|Mandatory Fee** (all students):||$8/credit hour|
*Contiguous counties are those which border Kentucky. Students from Contiguous Counties pay a special tuition rate. Students from Reciprocity Counties pay in-state tuition.
** KCTCS BuildSmart Investment for Kentucky Competitiveness fee. A full break down of 2019-20 charges is available.
View our institution's contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customer Bank.
Summer 2020 Tuition Payment Deadlines:
Tuition and fees for the 12-week and 4-week sessions (for classes that start on May 18th) must be paid in full prior to midnight on MAY 17, 2020.
Tuition and fees for the 8-week session (for classes that start on June 15th) must be paid in full prior to midnight on JUNE 14, 2020.
Students who have registered for classes, but have not met one of the tuition payment options by the due dates listed above, will have their registration cancelled. Check out our Payment Options below. If cancellation occurs, and student requests reinstatement of classes, a $75 reinstatement charge will be applied to the student account.
- Pay in full through Student Self Service, https://students.kctcs.edu
- Sign up for an automatic payment plan through Student Self Service,
- Defer tuition/fees to financial aid, if Somerset Community College has verified your eligibility for federal student financial aid
- Submit a Third Party Billing Authorization to the Third Party Coordinator, or
- Submit verification of an outside scholarship to cover tuition and fees to the Scholarship Coordinator in the Financial Aid Office.
NOTE: If students decide not to attend their classes, it is their responsibility to drop them. Students are responsible for the payment of tuition and fees for all courses not dropped during the first 100% refund period (See Academic Calendar), regardless of whether or not the student chooses to attend the class. If you decide not to attend, please do not rely on the "registration cancellation for non-payment" process as a way to drop your classes.