Financial Literacy Sources
A solid financial foundation can lead to a lifetime of financial success. Somerset
Community College encourages students to take an interest in personal finances, budgeting,
saving, identify theft, credit scores, managing debt and much more. This page is meant
to provide information and access to other tools to assistance with lifelong financial
The Somerset Community College Financial Aid office provides information to help students understand the
sometimes confusing and complicated world of financial aid and student loans.
- How to Manage Your Student Loans (YouTube)
- Understanding Your Rights and Responsibilities (pdf)
- Student Loans: Have a Plan (pdf)
- Know What you Owe (pdf)
- Loan Repayment info (pdf)
- Financial Aid Information (pdf)
- Cash Course
Managing your money can be overwhelming. What budget killer can pose the greatest threat to your wallet? What do you need to know about managing your money? Learn the financial basics.
- Budgeting & Financial Planning
- Banking Your Money
- Dealing with Debit & Credit Cards
- Mixing Money & Family
- Protecting Your Credit
- Preventing Identity Theft
- Avoiding Quick Financial Fixes
- Setting Financial Goals
- Saving Money
- Planning to Be Rich
- Planning for Retirement
- Financial Literacy for Students
Annuity.org provides free resources including information on scholarships, how student loans work, and how to plan for the future.
- NSLDS Student Loan Access
NSLDS Student Access provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants so that recipients of Title IV Aid can access and inquire about their Title IV loans and/or grant data.
- Department of Education’s (DOE) Your Federal Student Loans
Learn the basics of debt and how to manage it.
- DOE’s Federal Student Aid Website
This website provides online video tutorials and articles of various subjects related to literacy including; “How to Pay for College” and “Preparing for College”
- It’s Money Baby
Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) Financial Literacy website designed to provide information to students on budgeting, insurance, investments and students loan.
- Mapping Your Future
Mapping Your Future is a free resource for career, college, financial aid, and money management information.