Because none of this would be possible without you.
At Madisonville Community College, our promise is to provide a comprehensive, professional education at an affordable price. In order to keep quality high and tuition low, we count on the generous support of alumni, friends, and community business partners.
Every gift to MCC is invested in one of our six endowment focus areas:
- Quality Endowment (technology, equipment replacement, professional development)
- Student Scholarship Endowment
- Arts Programming Endowment (supporting the Glema Mahr Center)
- Loman C. Trover Library Program Endowment
- Muhlenberg County Endowment for Excellence (tutorial wages, arts programming and scholarships for Muhlenberg Campus)
- Crittenden County Endowment for Excellence (scholarships specifically for Crittenden County high school students)
Your money is pooled with other donations and invested in conservative, slow-growth securities. The interest from those investments is then used to fund short-term needs and long-term development projects.
Your Money at Work
Here are just a few of the recent achievements made possible by private donations:
- Privately funded MCC endowments provide more than 140 scholarships each year for deserving MCC students. The average scholarship value is $1,100 a year.
- Thanks to more than $1.15 million in private gifts, we recently opened the doors to the Brown Badgett Sr. Energy & Advanced Technology Center, a state-of-the-art research and teaching facility.
- Performances at the Glema Mahr Center for the Arts—which include touring Broadway musicals, international dance troupes, and big-name concerts—are supported by several privately funded MCC arts endowments totaling nearly $700,000.
- Through the School Counts! program and other education outreach initiative, hundreds of area high school students have committed to receiving a college education, many of them at MCC.
Your cash donation or planned gift will be strategically invested in the people and programs that make MCC such a valuable community institution.
Give now or contact the Office of Advancement and Alumni Affairs to discuss tax-deferrable, planned giving options.