Learn To Drive The Big Rigs!
CLASS “A” TRACTOR-TRAILER/COMMERCIAL DRIVER TRAINING COURSE
(877) 629-9722 (ext. 6692)
The objective of the CDL Program is to provide an opportunity for students to embark on a meaningful and rewarding career in the transportation industry. This is accomplished with the use of proven training methods by instructors with extensive experience in the transportation field. Upon completion of the class, our students will have all the necessary training needed to become a Class A CDL Truck Driver.
Requirements to enter the Class A CDL Program:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid KY Driver’s License
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Be able to pass a DOT Physical and DOT Drug Screen (Not included in tuition – have testing facility send directly by fax to 606-677-4053)
- Take the TABE 9D or TABE 11/12 Test and score at least a 9th grade reading level (Can
take this at any Adult Education Center)
Course Cost - $3,900
Course Schedule - This Program is 4 weeks in length with the class meeting Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Students are not eligible for regular financial aid but may qualify for one of the following:
- WIOA/LCADD funding - You may contact your local WIOA Career Center.
- Center for Rural Development grant – there may be funding available for
individuals from specific coal impacted counties. You may contact Patti Simpson
- Kentucky Farmworker Programs, Inc.
- Michiel Hunter 502-863-0203 / Georgetown
- Fran Cox 270-789-6548 / Campbellsville
Our classroom is located at:
Somerset Community College
Somerset Campus South
230 Airport Road – Bldg. 1
Somerset, KY 42501