Learn To Drive The Big Rigs!
CLASS “A” TRACTOR-TRAILER/COMMERCIAL DRIVER TRAINING COURSE
(877) 629-9722 (ext. 6692)
The objective of the CDL Program is to provide an opportunity for students to embark on a meaningful and rewarding career in the transportation industry. This is accomplished with the use of proven training methods by instructors with extensive experience in the transportation field. Upon completion of the class, our students will have all the necessary training needed to become a Class A CDL Truck Driver.
Requirements to enter the Class A CDL Program:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid KY Driver’s License
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Be able to pass a DOT Physical and DOT Drug Screen (Not included in tuition – have testing facility send drug screen directly to us by fax to 606-677-4053)
- Score at least a 9th grade reading level on one of our competency tests.
- Take the TABE 9D, TABE 11/12 test at any Adult Education Center
- Take the Wonderlick Test at SCCs Assessment Center in the Library
Course Cost - $3,900
Course Schedule - This Program is 4 weeks in length with the class meeting Monday through Thursday from 7:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
Students are not eligible for regular financial aid but may qualify for one of the following:
- Career Training Student Loan (Search online for student loan lending companies. If you choose to go this route, please let us know as soon as possible so we can verify you. This process can take up to three weeks.)
- WIOA/LCADD funding - You may contact Lake Cumberland Area Development District headquarters at 270-866-4200
- The Center for Rural Development grant
- Unemployed/underemployed participants who live in the following counties: Bell, Clay, Floyd, Harlan, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Leslie, Letcher, McCreary, Perry, Pulaski and Whitley. Please contact Patti Simpson at 606-677-6000 or email@example.com.
- Kentucky Farmworker Programs, Inc.
- Michiel Hunter 502-863-0203 / Georgetown
- Angelina Alcott 270-789-6548 / Campbellsville
- January 21 through February 13, 2020
- February 24 through March 19, 2020
- March 30 through April 23, 2020
Click Start Your Application and select Program Plan of Tractor Trailer CDLA I
Our classroom is located at:
Somerset Community College
Somerset Campus South
230 Airport Road – Bldg. 1
Somerset, KY 42501