SCC will conduct workshop at Laurel Campus for students filing for financial aid
Somerset Community College will be conducting a free workshop which will provide assistance to students and their families applying for college financial aid. This free workshop is open to all students no matter what college they plan to attend. It will be held Thursday, February 17 from 6:00 until 8:00 p.m. in the Health Sciences Building on the SCC Laurel Campus, located at 100 University Drive in London.
Financial aid professionals from Somerset Community College will help students and families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is the form students must submit to receive federal and state student aid. This workshop will help the students and their families learn more about the financial aid process and will assist them on submitting the FAFSA in a timely manner enabling them to possibly qualify for financial aid.
What to bring
Students are encouraged to attend the FAFSA Workshop with a parent or guardian. The students need to bring:
- Pen, paper and calculator
- 2010 federal taxes for parents and students. If families haven't completed their taxes, financial aid professionals will be able to help fill out the rest of the FAFSA and give instructions for the financial portion
- 2010 W-2s for parents and student
- Drivers license
- List of colleges the student is interested in
- Relevant information for both student and parents such as: Social security numbers, birth dates and marriage dates
For more information about the FAFSA Workshop on the SCC Laurel Campus, contact Chris Muse at 606-878-4830 or Daniel Patterson at 606-878-4733.