Free Fall Semester for First-Time Students
Try SCC for free this fall. Like really, really free.
We want to give all first-time students an opportunity to try SCC for free this Fall 2021 semester. Yes, completely free. $0. Zilch. Nada.
- Tuition (up to 15-credit hours. 6-credit hour minimum). Only program applicable courses.
- BuildSmart fees.
- Online course charges.
- Digital content fees.
- Any first-time credential-seeking Kentucky resident.
- Any graduated senior in class of 2021 (including those that have taken SCC dual credit classes).
- Any first-time student who took a free summer class at SCC this year.
- Partial credit students (example: students who have taken a Workforce Solutions class for .1 credit hour).
- CDL program is eligible, paying up to six-credit hours and the BuildSmart fee (equivalent to $1,122.00).
Exclusions: Other KCTCS college students, SCC Lineman program, visiting students and current high school students are ineligible. Program kits, tools and optional books/resources not included.
*Eligible students must take classes through SCC and have an SCC location listed as their home campus. This promotion is a “last-dollar” tuition scholarship. That means after all other financial aid or third-party payments (excluding students loans) are applied, the scholarship will cover the remaining tuition balance.
How to get started:
- Fill out an application for admission at SCC and have a complete admissions file.
- Complete a 2021-2022 FAFSA and have a complete financial aid file. (If not eligible to complete a FAFSA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Decide what classes you want to take. Try using the new SCC Class Search!
- Enroll with an advisor.
- Take your free fall semester classes.
- Be on your way to a Better Life.