What is Business Administration Systems?
The Business Administration Systems program prepares students for a variety of careers in business. A core curriculum provides students with a foundation of knowledge applicable to any business career. The Business Administration Systems program offers an Associate in Applied Science degree, diplomas and a variety of certificates in the areas of Accounting, Financial Perspective, General Business, Hospitality Management, Leadership, Management, Office Systems, Real Estate Management, Sales, Small Business Management, and Supervisory Management. The curriculum is designed for those who seek entry level jobs as well as for currently employed individuals wishing to enhance their skills. A student specializes by choosing from the available options, diplomas and certificates.
What are my career choices?
- The Accounting track/certificate leads to careers in accounting including bookkeeper, accounting clerk, cost payroll clerk and any position using microcomputer-based systems.
- The Informatics* track/certificate prepares students for careers in business including Business Analyst and positions that query and report on the business’s key performance indicators and success factors.
- The Management track/certificate prepares the student with broad-based management knowledge and skills which lead to a variety of positions in organizations.
- The Office Systems track/diploma/certificate prepares the student with a broad base of knowledge and skills needed for a variety of positions in an office.
Other Diplomas and Certificates:
- The Small Business Management diploma/certificate curricula is designed to prepare students for the position of entrepreneur and business owner and offers the prospective business owner the fundamentals of starting and operating a business.
- The Business Transfer and Advanced Business Administration certificates are designed to be building blocks to complete the Associate in Applied Science Degree, and Business Administration Core courses.
- The Business Transfer certificate is designed to provide the business transfer student an exit point by offering business preparation courses that will transfer to a four year institution.
- The Financial Perspective certificate prepares the student for entry level positions in accounting, financial services and small business management.
- The General Business certificate prepares the students for a variety positions in supervision, management and general business.
- The Leadership certificate enables the student to qualify for leadership positions, work effectively in teams, lead problem solving work groups, understand the conflict resolution processes and plan effectively.
- The Organization Leadership diploma curriculum is designed to prepare students to manage a department or to become team leaders in team-based or self-managed organizations.
- The Sales certificate prepares the student for a career in sales.
- The Supervisory Management certificate prepares the students in the field of front-line supervision.
Program Overview (pdf)
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Degrees and Transfers
- Accounting Track (61-64 credit hours)
- Informatics Track (64-67 credit hours)
- Management Track (63-67 credit hours)
INCLUDES TRANSFER INFORMATION TO UNIV. OF THE CUMBERLANDS
- Office Systems Track (64-67 credit hours)
- Accounting (39-45 credit hours)
- Informatics (40-45 credit hours)
- Office Systems (40-46 credit hours)
- Organizational Leadership (39-46 credit hours)
- Small Business Management (37-43 credit hours)
- Accounting (18-21 credit hours)
- Advanced Business Administration (15 credit hours)
- Business Transfer (15 credit hours)
- Financial Perspectives (9-12 credit hours)
- General Business (12 credit hours)
- Informatics Business Analyst (6 credit hours)
- Informatics Fundamentals (9 credit hours)
- Leadership (12 credit hours)
- Management (15 credit hours)
- Office Systems (18 credit hours)
- Sales (12 credit hours)
- Small Business Management (18-21 credit hours)
- Supervisory Management (21 credit hours)
- Accounting Diploma
- Informatics Diploma
- Office Systems Diploma
- Organizational Leadership Diploma
- Small Business Management Diploma
- Accounting Certificate
- Office Systems Certificate
- Small Business Management Certificate
- Supervisory Management Certificate
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.