Somerset Community College
KY FAME provides one common solution to two common problems:
• To remain globally competitive, manufacturers must find enough globally qualified
• Technically minded individuals desire a well-paying, challenging career they can start TODAY.
The Kentucky Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education (KY FAME) is a partnership of regional manufacturers whose purpose is to implement dual-track, apprenticeship-style training that will create a pipeline of highly skilled workers. The primary method to achieve this goal is through partnerships with local educational institutions to offer the Advanced Manufacturing Technician Program (AMT).
The purpose of KY FAME is to be the catalyst for developing world-class technical talent for manufacturing. The partnership will strive to be a conduit between industry and education with a primary focus on meeting the needs of manufacturers.
KY FAME will:
- Work closely with educational institutions and programs – and/or establish programs and curricula – that develop the necessary skill-sets for students;
- Collaborate with Kentucky manufacturers to increase the skill levels of employees in the manufacturing industry;
- Improve the image of the manufacturing industry and;
- Promote manufacturing-related career pathway opportunities.
KY FAME will specifically implement the industrial maintenance technician development program known as the Advanced Manufacturing Technician Program (AMT), which is a work-study training/apprenticeship-style program designed to produce work-ready, multi-skilled associate degree graduates. KY FAME will also work with other workforce development and training organizations.
Download Program Overview (pdf)
- Associates in Applied Science Degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology
Advanced Manufacturing Technician Track
(71-72 credit hours)