Find local and national resources for parenting, food, health, transportation, housing, financial, and internet.
UNITED WAY 211
Dial 211 or (513) 721-7900 to speak with a representative to find local resources based on your zip code.
- CCAMPIS - (Child Care Access Means Parents in School Program) is a federally funded program that allows SCC to support student-parents in starting and completing their postsecondary education by providing child care subsidies to qualified students.
- CCAP – The Child Care Assistance Program helps low income families pay for child care.
- KTAP – The Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program helps families with children pay for basic household expenses.
- SCC Share and Care Center - Our students are the heart of what we do. The last thing we want our students to worry about is food insecurity. So that is why we have created The Share & Care center on both the Somerset and Laurel campuses. The Share and Care center is a free food pantry for students with food insecurity. Students can access the center with a current SCC ID. It is completely free and its visitors are kept anonymous. The motto of the center is “take if you need, give if you can”.
- SNAP - Program Page
- God’s Food Pantry - 606.679.8560 119 S Central Ave, Somerset, KY 42501 Monday-Friday 10AM-2:30PM.
- Qualified Health Plans - KHBE
- Therapy Assistance Online (TAO)
- SCC Fitness Center
- Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services - Provider Directory
- The Adanta Group: 1-800-954-4782 – private, non-profit organization community-based mental health; developmental and intellectual disability; alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention; & sexual assault resource services. (Counties served Adair, Casey, Clinton, Cumberland, Green, McCreary, Pulaski, Russell, Taylor, Wayne)
- Cumberland River Behavioral Health: 1-866-640-9335 - non-profit community mental health center including developmental and intellectual disabilities, & substance use services. (Counties served Bell, Clay, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Rockcastle, & Whitley)
- RTEC – 800.321.7832 P.O. Box 746, 100 Main St, Mount Vernon, 40456
- Goodwill's Cars to Work offers loans to make purchasing a car more affordable.
- Lake Cumberland Housing Agency 270.343.4740, 69 Herriford Curve Road, Jamestown, KY 42629
- Somerset Housing Authority 606.679.1332 400 Hail Knob Rd, Somerset, KY 42503
- Affordable Connectivity Program: an FCC benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
- Life Wireless: provides cellphone and internet service to those eligible for government assistance.
- Crisis Center & 24 Hour Hotline: 1-800-633-5599
- Crisis Text Line: Text “Brave” to 741-741, free 24/7 support for anyone in crisis. A real-life human being will receive the text and respond, all from a secure online platform. The trained, volunteer, crisis counselor will help you move from a hot moment to a cool moment.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or Text “TalkWithUs” to 66746, free 24/7 crisis counseling & support for anyone experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
- Local Nami (National Alliance on Mental Illness): 1-800-257-5081
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-800-931-2237, free, confidential, chat available at nedawareness.org
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673), free, confidential, 24/7
Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8225), free 24/7 support for anyone in suicidal crisis
- Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386, free, confidential, 24/7. Crisis intervention & suicide prevention services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ).
- Veterans Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 or Text to 838255