Recognizing our place on the planet!
SCC is the center of the celebration on Sunday, April 15, from 1-4:30 p.m. There will be live music, food vendors, face painting, raptors, reptiles and many other animals! Also, rainbarrel giveaways will be going on throughout the day!
LIVE MUSIC BY: Junior Flores, Devin Phelps and Ron Mace, Tyler Cobb, and Wanda Fries
FOOD: Ruckel's Food Truck
Make plans to enjoy the fun and enjoy the activities:
- Joe Stueker & students - Eco Charger bottle recycling/phone charger invention
- Lincoln County Bunny Scouts 4H Rabbit Club - bunny hopping course and rabbit showing
- Cub Scout Pack 134 Bear Den - Wiggly Worm Composting
- Shortleaf Pine Initiative - Clarence Coffee
- WareHouse Farm - Composting & Natural Fertilizers with Thistle the goat.
- Demonstration of brewing science and techniques
- Wildcat Mountain Cheese - Curds and Whey Cheese for sale and demonstration on cheese making
- WKU Professor Richard Gelderman with The Great American Eclipse 2017 demonstration booth
- Ed Huffman Knapping Flint to Produce Tools or Weapons
- Cumberland River Compact - What’s My Connection to Water Quality?
- Judah Short and Southwestern High School – Plastic Waste - Community Recycling Awareness Solve for Tomorrow. Get your free water bottle!
- SCC PRIDE Club smART Show and Competition
- David Coffey and Students: Demonstration on alternative energy sources (wind turbine, solar energy and more)
- SCC faculty Eric Wooldridge and his 3D printing/CAD students will present Additive Manufacturing and Sustainability
- The Center for Biological Diversity –Valuing the protection of wildlife.
- Live Paddlefish Display – Kentucky Aquaculture Research Center, Dr. Ken Semmens
- Pulaski County Humane Society—Adopt, Spay, Neuter!
- Nancy Seaberg, Wildwood Nature Center—Nature touch table and kids’ crafts. There will be several other booths with children’s craft activities as well.
- Lake Cumberland Beekeeper’s Association will have a demonstration hive.
- Rebecca Thurman, SCC—Raise chickens sustainably.
- SCC Faculty and Students—Environmental disasters science activity.
- Ironweed Native Plant Nursery Native plant sales and information on sustaining pollinators
- Kentucky Reptile Zoo—Herpetology collection.
- Elaine Wilson and Dino Melgoza —SCC Multicultural Club seed activity.
- Jeff Brickley, SCC—Sustainable House, Solar & Water Collection.
- Exploration in Biology – amphibians on display, owl diet activity and cool specimens from the natural world.
- SCC Cosmetology Students—Face painting for kids!
- Carol Sexton, Children’s Librarian—Pulaski County Public Library-Children’s Library.
- Oakhill Garden Center/SCC Staff - Make a Newspaper Pot for Your Free Garden Plant
- Joe Metzmeier, US Forest Service. Connie Woodstock, KY Div. of Forestry Tree Give-away!
- Lake Cumberland Master Gardener Association—Beth Wilson, Pulaski County Agent
- Red River Gorge-Cumberland Ranger District-Daniel Boone NF Conservation in the Red River Gorge, Ranger Margaret Mouser
- Market on Main Members
- Pulaski County Recycling Center and East KY PRIDE RPRIDE Recycles – Learn about recycling and make a seed ball
- Somerset HS-Jennifer Johnson and Students—Make a Bird Feeder!
- John Burnett, David Sayers, PC Conservation District Biologists – Promoting Pollinators
- Collin Arnold, KY Div. for Air Quality—Tire Pressure Matters
- KY Dep Fish Wildlife Resources American Chestnut Tree Restoration
- Trek the Trail–on our SCC Nature Trail - win a T-shirt while supply lasts!
- Butterfly House—Feed Monarchs and Painted Ladies. Take home larva!
- Pallet Projects –Ways to repurpose & reuse discarded pallets.
- Liberty Nature Center Birds of Prey
- Somerset-Pulaski County Emergency Medical Service – First Aid and Emergency Information
- KY Div. of Fish and Wildlife
- Wolf Creek National Fish Hatchery, Educator Moria Painter – Healthy Waters
- Sue Duncan with her Angora rabbits and yarns— Spinning and fiber arts demonstration
- Student Environmental Coalition—Imagining a Sustainable Future
- Star Lab – Planetarium Star Shows!
- Other Forms of Fire - solar power demo
- One Small Lifestyle Change - A Big Difference! Sustainability, Global Security and Social Justice
Exhibits are still being added! Find the 2018 Earth Day event on our Facebook page to stay up-to-date on the latest additions! Join un on campus on Sunday! You won't want to miss this!