Recognizing our place on the planet!
SCC is the center of the celebration on Sunday, April 28, from 1:00 - 4:30 p.m. There
will be food vendors, tons of exhibits, raptors, reptiles and many other animals!
Also, rainbarrel giveaways will be going on throughout the day!
Make plans to enjoy the fun and enjoy the activities:
- FREE Rain Barrel Raffle!
- Rain Barrels Painted by:
- Multicultural club
- Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honors Society)
- Surgical Technology
- Upward bound
- Announcements for 'Dawn & Dusk' photo contest winners and rain barrel raffle winners
- Study the Diet of Owls
- Earth Day T-shirt sales
- Waste Management in Landfills & Recycling
- Registration and FREE bags to carry your goodies!
- Natural Disasters- See the effects of volcanos, tornadoes, erosion and more
- Butterfly Release at 4:30 PM in the Pollinator Garden (weather permitting)
- Life cycle of the butterfly- Live butterflies
- Explorations in Biology
- Liberty Nature Center Live Birds of Prey
- Friends of Saltpeter Cave
- Passive Solar/Whole House Water Collection
- Watershed Watch in Kentucky
- Introduction to Paddlefish – Live paddlefish!
- Tree giveaway by Kentucky Department of Forestry and US Forest Service
- Rx drop off - UK County Extension
- Custom Packed Certified Organic Farm Shares
- Humane Society Pet Education
- Global Warming: It’s Real
- Sustainability, Global Security, and Social Justice
- Save the Bees- Wildflower seed giveaway
- Demonstration Hive
- Making Yarn with Angora Rabbit Wool
- Hybrid Toyota Prius demonstration
- SCC Admissions & Program Information
- Backyard Conservation
- Solar Power, Renewable Energy
- Ice Cream truck
- Sustainable Chickens
- Mobile Butcher
- Flint Knapping
- Restoration of the American Chesnut
- Seed Activity
- Somerset Farmers Market
- Captivating Creatures-Live Reptiles
Exhibits are still being added! Find the 2019 Earth Day event on our Facebook page to stay up-to-date on the latest additions! You won't
want to miss this fun event!