Student Fellows Program
Will you be a SCC student soon? Do you plan to transfer to the WKU Elementary Education BA Program? Do you live in Adair, Casey, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Jackson, Lincoln, McCreary, Rockcastle, Russell, Wayne or Whitley Counties? If so, we have an exciting new opportunity for you with the SCC Student Fellows program!
The Student Fellows program provides you with a smaller group of peers, a cohort, that are working toward the same goals you are! You’ll start during the summer getting a head start on attending college and providing a bridge from where you are now, to becoming a student. As a Student Fellow you will receive financial support (in addition to federal aid), but will also have a dedicated team of faculty and staff to support you, as a Student Fellow, as you work toward completing your goals. You be able to participate in Student Fellow specific activities, providing an engaging student experience and connections to college life.
Here are a few things that are part of the program:
- Experience Summer Bridge Activities
- Participate in Professional and Personal Development activities each semester.
- Get your own Success Coach!
- Specific learning activities and events around your program of study.
- Engage in a Peer Mentoring program.
- Have an opportunity to work with a faculty member on a project related to your career goals.
- $1,500 2-year SCC Scholarship.
- $100 stipend a month for any expenses.
- Free laptop (conditions apply).
- Wi-Fi Hotspot (if available, including data usage).
- $100 Testing Stipend.
- $100 Professional Development Stipend.
- Dedicated faculty and staff support system.
- Supportive Peer Engagement in a rewarding environment.
- Build community and learn skills needed to successfully complete your degree!
- Commit to completing cohort, and pursuing WKU Elementary Education program.
- Participate each semester in designated activities, workshops and trainings with selected faculty and staff.
Have questions? Contact: