Application Deadline for 2014-2015 Student Ambassadors is April 15
|2013-2014 Student Ambassadors|
These students serve in a public relations capacity and represent the College at campus and community events. Some of the events they work include the International Festivals, Earth Day, Teen Theatre, Science Olympiad, Honors Night and graduation, just to mention a few. They also assist with recruiting efforts, conduct campus tours and provide information about SCC to prospective students, school groups and the general public.
Students are required to work 40 hours per semester and as compensation will receive ascholarship equivalent to 6 credit hoursfor each semester served; however, there are benefits far beyond the monetary value. Student Ambassadors have excellent networking opportunities and will receive training in professional etiquette, leadership, customer service and communication skills. Serving as a Student Ambassador is an excellent learning experience and a great resume builder!
Students must meet the following criteria:
- 3.00 GPA
- 12 credit hours earned at SCC
- Enrolled at SCC in fall 2013 and spring 2014as full-time or part-time student. Must commit to serving both fall and spring semesters
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- A genuine interest in helping others
- Ability to work effectively with students from diverse backgrounds
- Have the time to fully participate in the program
- Must be a student who will project a positive, professional image of the College
Application deadline is April 15.
Applications may be completed online here.
In addition to the application, it is required to provide two letters of recommendation from any SCC fulltime, permanent faculty or staff member.
View aYouTube video of Melissa explaining the Student Ambassadors program.
Contact Melissa Winstead,student ambassador coordinator,if there are any questions, email@example.com or by calling (606) 451-6657.