Breaking News: All In-Person Services Suspended Through March 27
Published on Mar 18, 2020
Somerset Community College (SCC) is moving to all online instruction beginning today through March 27. All lab classes have been postponed until then as well.
The majority of college personnel will work remotely during this time. However, the college is open with limited access to certain areas which include the following:
- Student services will be offered virtually with remote staffing. Students can call the helpline for student services at 606-679-8501.
- Some computer labs will be open for limited use for students who need internet access. Available labs will be open Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There will be no more than 8 students permitted in the lab at one time and social distancing policies will be in place.
- Here are the locations of available computer labs for students to use:
- Somerset North – Cooper Building, Room 110
- Laurel North campus – Building 2, Room 211
- Clinton Center – Room 101
- McCreary Center – Building 2, Room 106
- Russell Center – Room 121
- All travel has been halted for staff members, including visits to other KCTCS colleges and the Versailles office.
The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff are our top priorities during this unprecedented health event. SCC leadership will continue to monitor the fast-changing situation related to COVID-19 and follow guidance from local, state and national leaders.
Before March 27, SCC leadership, in conjunction with the Kentucky Community and Technical College System president, will determine if it is safe to return to regular instruction with staff on campus or to continue online coursework and telework for staff.
Stay Healthy. Stay Informed. You can find Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates on our website. somerset.kctcs.edu/covid-19