Starfish provides a central location to connect you to the people and services that can help you succeed.
It provides an opportunity for you to raise your hand and reach out when you are having trouble in your classes or personally.
Also, it can help keep you informed and up-to-date on your course progress.Click Here for more Starfish Help
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
To schedule an appointment with anyone in your “My Success Network” please follow the instructions below:
1. Login to Blackboard
2. Click the Starfish link at the bottom of the Tools box on the left side
3. Click on the Home link at the top of the page
4. Under the My Success Network section, you will see your instructors and advisor listed. Click on See available appointments to schedule an appointment.
5. Click on one of the bold dates on the calendar to see dates for available office hours.
6. Click on the Sign Up icon once you find a date and time that works for your schedule.7. A new window will appear to “Add Appointment”.
a. Select a Reason (Ex. Course tutoring or Academic Advising)
b. Enter a Detailed Description of why you are scheduling the appointment
c. Select the Course
d. Click Submit
e. The instructor’s calendar should now list your name in the time slot selected
8. Click on the Home link at the top.
9. You should see your appointment in the Appointments sectiona. If you need to make any changes to your appointment, click on the calendar icon next to your appointment.
It depends on the feedback you received. If you received kudos, congratulations on doing well in your course. Consider volunteering as a peer tutor or becoming a mentor. If you received flags or referrals, check with your instructor to see how you can get back on track in the class or utilize free resources at SCC to help improve your performance.
If you sign into Starfish, you can find your advisor, instructors and support services through the Success Network tab on the left-hand navigation menu. If your advisor or instructors have office hours in Starfish, you can click on the link to schedule an appointment.