AnnouncementsUpdated July 16, 2020
- Fall registration is open! Classes begin August 17, 2020.
- If you need to come in for student services to get enrolled, you can call and make an appointment at 606-679-8501.
- If you need help or just someone to talk to, call, email, or text your instructor, advisor or any other SCC employee, you are not alone.
- SCC Updates
- Virtual Activities and Programming
- Online Student Resources
- 10 Tips to Fight COVID-19
- Class Schedules
We are still here for you.
Although we have suspended in-person services for now, we are still here to assist you. We are available online and by phone so please call us at 606-679-8501 if you need assistance.
As a currently enrolled student, you are still able to register for the Summer and Fall 2020 semester once you have been advised by your faculty advisor. Since we are assisting students online and by phone, please contact your advisor about enrolling. If you have previously been advised through our Advising Center (CARE), you have now been transitioned to a faculty advisor in your program area. If you do not know who your assigned faculty advisor is, please check your PeopleSoft student self-service account. If you do not have an advisor assigned, please contact SCC_Care@kctcs.edu. You may also check your self-service account to make sure you do not have any holds that will delay your registration. You will be able to view the SCC class schedule through your PeopleSoft student self-service. Please keep in mind, the earlier you register, the better class selection you will have.
Our staff is available to assist you with any of your financial aid questions. This includes the following areas:
- Assist with FAFSA over the phone
- Verification- Almost all verification documents can be done online and uploaded through the Student
- Self-Service account
- SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) Appeals
- Scholarship counseling
- Student Loan Assistance
- Many forms that may are needed to complete a student’s file may be done online and submitted through the Self-Service Account
- VA Assistance
- Answer Federal Work Study questions
Financial Aid questions can be directed by email to Somerset-FinancialAid@kctcs.edu and by phone at 606-677-8334.
For general information, admissions information and class information, email email@example.com or call the general phone number below.
For records, transcripts or graduation questions , email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the general phone number: 606-679-8501.
For assistance with account balances or financial holds, please contact:
You may also call for assistance:
- Somerset: 606-451-6615
- London: 606-878-4719
Financial holds or collections: Roxanne Roberts at 606-878-4785, or Roxanne.email@example.com
The SCC Online bookstore is open for all student needs. Orders are being checked and shipped daily. As long as UPS remains on its normal schedule, most students will get their orders the next business day if orders are placed by 11 a.m. See below for some specific order information:
SCC Bookstore Local Services:
- Bookstore Website: somersetccstore.bncollege.com
- Orders: Using the website, students can select their course (Somerset or other KCTCS Locations). All orders placed by 11 a.m. will ship same day.
- Financial Aid: Financial Aid is still able to write book vouchers for anyone that qualifies via email. Request Financial Aid to email the vouchers to firstname.lastname@example.org to process the order.
- Checking out using Financial Aid on the SCC Bookstore Website: Since Financial Aid is not a method of payment, please use the GIFTCARD method.
Gift Card number = Student ID# and PIN=123456.
- Caps & Gowns: To order your cap & gowns, email your height to Emily Conley at email@example.com.
- Questions: Email Emily Conley if you have any questions!
Barnes & Noble National Services:
- VitalSource digital library is giving FREE to more than 55,000 titles.
- Free Bartleby Tutoring, students may also take advantage of free digital tutoring and writing services
through our Bartleby platform to further assist during this transitional time. Here's
- Visit bartleby.com and click the callout at the bottom left to sign up
- Providing a mobile number gives access to a free bartleby Q&A account allowing 10 Q&A homework questions per month through June 15th
The Learning Commons has expanded electronic hours M – F 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. in chat (click on chat on the right hand side) to serve our students and SCC family.
Students are encouraged to make appointments for tutoring at the Learning Commons webpage or through the direct link http://somerset-kctcs.libcal.com/. Get started by clicking on the purple button that states “Make an appointment with a tutor or librarian”.
All tutors are available for e-tutoring through Blackboard Collaborate, and the tutor schedules are posted. Students can see them once he/she clicks on that purple button. As soon as a student makes an appointment, the tutor receives an email, and the student also receives a confirmation email.
Share & Care Center
We also have food and other supplies available through the Share & Care Center. Contact Tawshiana Beggan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 606-451-6980 for assistance.