Somerset Community College will host the inaugural Miss Somerset Community College Scholarship Pageant on March 8, 2014. The event will be held at the Center for Rural Development at 6 p.m. The winner will represent the college in the 2014 Miss Kentucky Pageant, to be held in Lexington in July.
To be eligible, the contestant must meet the following criteria:
• be at least 17 years old and no older than 24 years old on December 31, 2014
• be a female citizen of the United States and of the Commonwealth of Kentucky for at least six months
• never have been married, pregnant nor the adoptive parent of a child
• be of good moral character
• not have been convicted of criminal offenses other than petty criminal offenses.
Requirements may be viewed in their entirety on the Miss Kentucky Scholarship Pageant website at www.misskentuckypageant.com.
The pageant is open to current and former SCC students and to high school seniors from Adair, Casey, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Lincoln, McCreary, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Russell, Wayne or Whitley Counties.
Contestants will be judged in the areas of talent, personal interview, on-stage interview, swimsuit and evening gown. The winner of the pageant will receive a full two-year tuition scholarship to Somerset Community College, with additional prizes to be announced prior to the event.
To learn more about the event, contact the director at email@example.com. An information session for contestants is scheduled for Saturday, February 1 at 1 p.m. in the Citizens National Bank Community Room of the Rogers Students Commons, located on the SCC Somerset North Campus, 808 Monticello Street, Somerset, KY.