Designed for individuals with little or no commercial driving experience. The program includes everything you will need. The benefits include:
- Department of Transportation Physical
- Commercial Driver's License Learner's Permit
- Department of Transportation Rules and Regulations
- Log Books
- Map Reading Assistance
- Trip Planning Guidelines
- Class A Road Test
Complete vehicle training will prepare you for an entry-level position in the trucking industry. A Certificate is awarded to students that complete the course. The program can be completed in four weeks by attending full-time, Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
Students may register at any time, however; class size is limited. Enrollments are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. New classes start each Monday. Training is scheduled around holidays and interruptions caused by weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Classroom Activities, 40 hours:
- CDL Permit Study
- Endorsement Study
- Job Procurement
- Log Book and Hours of Service
- Map Reading and Trip Planning
- DOT Regulations
- Hazard Perception
- Night Operation
- Extreme Driving Conditions
- Railroad Crossing Safety
- Accident Reports
- Double Trailers
Yard and Road Skills, 120 hours:
- Pre-Trip Inspection
- Couple - Uncouple
- Straight Backing
- 45 Degree Backing
- 90 Degree Backing
- Parallel Parking
- Blind side Backing
- Double Clutching
- Hazard Perception
- Uphill - Downhill
- Lane Changes
- Space Management
- Class A Skills Test
A high school diploma or GED is not required, individuals must:
- Be able to read and write the English language
- Be over 21 years of age
- Be able to meet the Federal DOT physical requirements
- Have a valid driver's license at the time of registration
The program may train individuals 18 and over but has limited job placement assistance for individuals under the age of 21. It is recommended that individuals obtain a copy of their Motor Vehicle Report from the Circuit Court Clerk's Office prior to starting the program.
Costs and Fees
- 160 Hour Tractor/Trailer Driver Training
- $4,000.00 (includes permit, license, DOT physical, and drug test)
- Personal financing such as your own bank.
- Loans from family members.
- Loans from life insurance policies.
- Refinancing of an existing loan.
- Veterans Administration, (VA) Benefits
- If you feel you are eligible contact your local VA representative.
- Master Card or VISA Credit Cards.
- Workforce Investment Act, (WIA)
- Contact your local job service office to see if you qualify.
City of Maysville Public Works Bldg
1720 Martha Ann Comer Dr.
Maysville, KY 41056
1-877-308-9638 or 1-606-759-7141 ext. 66194