1. Students and community patrons may check out six (6) library items in total at a time. A maximum of two (2) audio-visual items may be checked out at a time. No renewals.
2. Students must present their official MCTC student photo ID card to check out library materials.
3. Community patrons may register for a free card. If the card becomes lost or stolen, replacement cost is $3 for each card.
4. Books check out for four (4) weeks at a time.
5. Two (2) audio-visual materials, such as DVDs or audio (music) CDs, may be checked out for one (1) week at a time. Audio Books on CD check out for two (2) weeks. DVDs with more than two (2) discs in the case will check out as two (2) audiovisual items.
6. Any student or community patron with an outstanding library fine or overdue book will not be allowed to check-out additional library materials until the fine has been paid or the overdue materials have been returned.
7. A HOLD will be placed on a student's record in the Student Self-Service portal for unpaid library fines and fees in excess of $1 or for items not returned. The hold will remain until the student's library account is reconciled at the library. Students will not be able register or obtain a transcript of grades until the library account is resolved.