TO DROP A CLASS:
- From the end of the drop/add period through the official midterm date for that course, a student may withdraw from the course and receive a “W”.
- From the first day after midterm until the last day of course work of the session, a student may, at the instructor’s discretion, withdraw from a course, and the instructor may assign a grade of “W”.
- Please read your course syllabus for your instructor’s withdrawal policy after mid-term.
- The student must initiate the official withdrawal.
- Please see the academic calendar for specific dates.
- A drop/add form may be obtained in the Records Office at any of our campus locations.
- The drop/add form must be submitted to the Records Office with the appropriate signature(s) in order for you to be withdrawn from a class.
- You may also drop a class prior to midterm by clicking the link below:
Drop a Class
ONLINE CLASS WITHDRAWAL POLICY: If you are taking online classes via another KCTCS college you may email your instructor and request permission to withdraw. If the instructor approves, print off the email and that will serve as their signature. You may also forward the email from the instructor to admissions and request to drop the class via your student email account.
It is advisable to check with Financial Aid for potential consequences of withdrawing.
TOTAL WITHDRAWAL POLICY- DROPPING ALL CLASSES
A student requesting to withdraw from ALL classes at MCTC must complete a total withdrawal form to be officially withdrawn from the academic semester. Students may complete and submit an on-line total withdrawal by going to link below or complete a total withdrawal paper form with an admission and financial aid counselor. The total withdrawal paper form does not require faculty signatures but an admission and financial aid counselor must sign before the record’s office personnel will process. Failure to officially withdraw from MCTC can result in academic and financial difficulties for students.
Total Withdrawal Form