Maysville Community and Technical College welcomes all individuals with a desire and commitment to achieve post-secondary educational goals. MCTC’s admission policy requires all students to have a valid admissions application, ACT or COMPASS scores, and official high school transcript or GED certificate on file at the time of registration. In addition, transfer students must have official transcripts mailed directly to the college in order for the admission file to complete and before the student can register.
Admission and Registration Procedures
- Prospective students should complete an application for admission or complete an online application.
- The full and proper name of the student and KCTCS student ID number must be used in registration and for all other official purposes.
- Applicants should submit results of the American College Test® (ACT). Applicants who have not taken the ACT® must complete the COMPASS™ placement examination administered by the Assessment Center. For specific information regarding course placement, students should refer to the KCTCS Assessment and Placement Policy, which is available on the KCTCS website.
- An official copy of the high school transcript or GED scores must be sent to the admissions office of the college they plan to attend for specific program requirements.
- Transfer students must have an official transcript from each college attended forwarded to the admissions office of the college they plan to attend.
- Students who are re-entering a KCTCS college after being out for one or more semesters is required to submit a new application for admission.
- Admission to a college does not guarantee admission to a specific program. Applicants seeking admission to some programs should contact the admission office (select "General Admissions" as the subject) for information regarding any special requirements for program admission.
- Applicants must submit an application for admission and supporting documents prior to registration. Students should refer to the academic calendar regarding deadlines to register.
- A student who applies for admission to MCTC will receive instructions to establish access to Student Self-Service. Student Self- Service allows a student access to many services such as registration, grades, class schedule, financial aid awards, bill payment and many other services.
- All enrolled MCTC students will be given access to a KCTCS assigned email account. Official communication from faculty and student service personnel will be sent to this address. Students will continue to have access to this account as long as they are enrolled. After receiving the completed application and other forms, the admission office will notify the applicant of his or her admission status.