Admission FAQs

Got questions? We’ve got answers.

Who do I contact?

Having trouble figuring out your financial aid? Not sure which classes you want to take? Need help with your classes? Sometimes it can be frustrating trying to find the answers you need when you don't know who to ask. We have a list of student services to help you find the right person to contact for all of your needs!

How can I schedule a campus tour?

Please contact Tabatha Butler at 606-759-7141 ext. 66209 to schedule a tour of the Maysville Campus, Lauren Mattox at ext. 66436 at the Licking Valley Campus or Misty Callahan at 66300 at the Rowan Campus.

When should I complete and return the application?

You should apply as soon as possible before the semester you plan to start. Applying early gives admissions staff plenty of time to contact you for additional information and to get the schedule that best fits your needs.  

Will you send me information about MCTC?

To receive information about the college please contact  Tabatha Butler at 606-759-7141 ext. 66209 at the Maysville Campus, Trina Shields (ext. 66400) at the Licking Valley Campus, or Misty Callahan (ext. 66300) for the Rowan Campus.

What are your office hours?

MCTC admissions and records office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.   

How late can I apply?

Please refer to the academic calendar for deadlines. 

Have you received my transcript(s) yet?

This information can be viewed via your Student Self-Service account.  You can also contact us at the college to obtain this information over the phone if you are the student.

How will I know which classes to take?

Our counselors and academic advisors will help you plan your program based on your previous education, career, and personal goals. Schedule an appointment now with your advisor. You advisor's contact information is on your student self-serve.

How do I get my student ID number, username and password?

Your student ID number is located on your acceptance letter. If you cannot find your number, please stop by the records office at any of the campuses with a photo ID to obtain the number. You only need your ID number and last name to set up your username and password.  Set up your account today.

When should I pay for my classes?

Cash, personal check, or credit card payments (MasterCard, Discover, & Visa) should be made at the Business Office between 8:15 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily.  Payments using these methods should be completed at the time of registration.  Students who wish to pay by credit card may call the Business Office at Maysville Campus (606)759-7141 ext. 66104, Rowan Campus (606)783-1538 ext. 66315, Licking Valley Campus (859)234-8626 ext. 66406.  Credit card payments may also be made with your self-service account.

Financial Aid Payments:  Financial Aid students with a tuition balance must pay balance at time of registration.

All others must provide payment documentation at time of registration to avoid cancelation. 

·    A Nelnet Business Solutions (formerly FACTS Management Co.) tuition management payment plan is available to provide students, who are not receiving any financial assistance, a low-cost option for budgeting and making tuition payments through either an automatic bank payment or a credit card.  The only cost to budget payments is a $25 enrollment fee per semester – See the Business Office at time of registration to complete the required paperwork. 

·    Scholarships – See Financial Aid Officer in Student Development at time of registration to fill out required paperwork. 

·    Third party payment – Go to the Business Office at time of registration to fill out required paperwork to avoid cancelation.  

·    Vocational Rehabilitation or Veterans Affairs – See Student Development at time of registration.

·    Waivers – See Student Development at time of registration.

·    NAFTA – Maysville Campus students see Tabatha Butler in Student Development at time of registration, Rowan Campus students see Jane Reed at time of registration, Licking Valley Campus students see Sandy Power at the time of registration.

Can I talk with a counselor?

Absolutely. You can discuss career plans, course selection, program or degree requirements, transfer requirements, and other academic and social issues. Schedule an appointment now.

Will I get an advisor?

Yes! Every student at the college has an advisor. You can find information about your advisor on your self service account. You can also find out more information through Master Advising.

What if my file is incomplete?

Our Office of Admissions will let you know if we need any additional information. A student must have a complete admission's file in order to register.

What degrees, diplomas, and certificate programs do you offer?

We offer a wide array of programs leading to associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.

How long will it take me to earn a degree?

You can tailor our program to fit your needs. If you attend full time, you can expect to complete a degree program in four to six semesters. Attending part time allows you additional semesters to complete your degree.

How many credits will I need?

Both the Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees require 60 credit hours. Applied Science degree programs may require between 62 and 77 credit hours.

I can't log into my e-mail, what's going on?

You should check your e-mail using Internet Explorer.  If you haven't checked your e-mail for a while, you most likely need to reset your password.  You can reset your password online by using your student ID number and last name.  If you need additional assistance, please call Jason Butler at 606-759-7141 ext. 66138 or fill out this form.

When do classes start?

Please check our academic calendar.  The academic calendar will show the start and end dates as well as dates for drop/add, refund deadlines, etc.

What options do I have for attending class?

We’ve got several options to help you tailor the program to fit your life. Our counselors can help you decide among:

  • Part time or full time
  • Day and evening classes
  • On- and off-campus sites
  • Distance learning classes, including interactive television, video, telecourses, and online study
  • Modularized learning with KCTCS On-line


What kind of financial aid is available to me?

We participate in a full range of federal and state programs. Applying may seem overwhelming, but our staff is trained to assist you and answer all your questions. Apply for financial aid now.

May I attend college while still in high school?

Yes, you will need to complete the admissions application and submit test scores if required for the course you choose.  Please contact Billie Barbour (ext. 66182), Lauren Mattox (ext. 66436) or Lori Gaunce (ext. 66405).