- Associate in Applied Science Degree - Registered Nurse
The Associate Degree Nursing program prepares graduates to provide and manage patient care and to become valuable members within the discipline of nursing. Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). The RN program is offered on the Maysville Campus and the Licking Valley Campus in Cynthiana.
Acceptance into the Associate Degree RN Program is based on a selective admissions process. Requirements are as follows:
- application for admission to the college
- official high school transcript verifying graduation or official passing GED scores
- official transcript from each college or university previously attended
- COMPASS or ACT scores
- Healthcare Provider Level CPR certification (must be kept current during program)
- proof of active status on the Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry
- LPN school transcripts (if applicable)
- successful completion of program pre-requisites with a grade of "C" or higher
- attendance at one pre-admission conference per admission cycle (academic year)
- Pre-Admission Conference dates
- official scores from the National League for Nursing Pre-RN Admission Exam
- NLN Exam FAQs
- documentation of computer literacy as defined by KCTCS
Length of Program
Upon acceptance to the program, Associate Degree Nursing students will spend four (4) semesters completing the core curriculum.
There are many job opportunities as a Registered Nurse that include, but are not limited to, hospitals, long-term care facilities, clinics, child care centers, educational facilities, physician's offices, etc.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.
For More Information
Debbie Nolder, Program Coordinator
Maysville and Licking Valley Campuses
606-759-7141 ext. 66253