1. Students and community patrons may check out six library items in total at a time. A maximum of two audio-visual items may be checked out at a time. No renewals.
For example, John Doe checks out five items today. John may check out one additional item tomorrow. Once he has six items checked out at the same time, he must return at least one item before he can check out other material.
2. Students must present their Student Photo ID card to check out library materials.
3. Community patrons may register for a free card. If the card becomes lost or stolen, replacement cost is $3 for each card.
4. Books check out for four weeks at a time.
5. Two audio-visual materials, such as DVDs or audio (music) CDs, may be checked out for one week at a time. Audio Books on CD check out for two weeks.
For example, John Doe may check out four books AND two DVDs OR one DVD and one music CD.
DVDs that have two items within the same container count as one (1) audiovisual item. However, if there are more than two (2) items per container, this will count as a two (2) audiovisual items.
6. Any student or community patron with an outstanding library fine or overdue book will not be allowed to check-out additional library materials until the fine has been paid or the overdue materials have been returned.
- Fine for overdue books: 10¢/day.
- Fine for audiovisual materials: $1/day for DVDs, videos, and CDs.
- Fine for reserve materials: 25¢/hour for hourly reserve items; $1/day for all other reserve items.
- Fines will not exceed a total of $10.00 per item.
- Students and community patrons will receive only a FIRST and LAST notice for overdue items.
- Overdue notices will be sent by email to students, or to other community patrons if an email account is provided.
- If any material is lost, the replacement fee will be the replacement cost of the item, plus a $10.00 processing fee.
- One bill will be sent for the replacement cost, processing fee, and fines for non-returned/lost/damaged materials.
- All library patrons will be assessed replacement costs if library material is returned damaged, regardless of when the material was returned.
One bill will be sent for fines in excess of $1.00 of overdue materials that have been returned late.
- A HOLD will be placed on a student's record at the Registrar's Office for unpaid library fines and fees in excess of $1 or for items not returned. The hold will remain until the student's library account is reconciled at the library. Students will not be able register or obtain a transcript of grades until the library account is resolved.