International and Immigrant students banner image

Health Insurance

F-1 students and their dependents are required to provide proof of health insurance coverage for each semester. Proof of international student health insurance is mandatory. Students who fail to provide evidence of insurance for the entire semester will be blocked from college transactions.

*Note: Minimum Health insurance requirements include:

• The policy must be written by the carrier, in English, and premium rates must be in U.S. dollar amounts.
• The policy must include in-patient and out-patient coverage for both sickness and accident.
• The policy must have a deductible of no more than $500 per individual, per accident or illness.
• The policy must state a maximum benefit of no less than $100,000 per accident or illness.
• The policy must provide no less than $10,000 provision for medical evacuation to a student’s home country.
• The policy must provide no less than $7,500 provision for repatriation (after death, removal of remains to student’s home country).
• The policy must clearly state coverage dates from the first day of classes for the semester applying through the end of the academic year (or earlier departure from the College).

If you already have insurance that is payable in the United States and covers repatriation, bring a copy of the policy and proof of payment in English. If the policy meets the minimum requirements, you will be able to use that insurance and will not be required to purchase the international student insurance.
Students who bring a spouse or other dependents will be required to purchase insurance for them.

For information on International Student insurance plans please click here.